Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Lost Cocoon

Cheese, Click, post, tweet.
Cheese, Click , post and again tweet.
Newsfeeds, Unknown requests storm me like a ghost,
Friendship shrunk to the size of a wall post,
People farming, mafia war fighting,
Challenging words, have no idea what am doing .

I hear a cacophony of buzzes,
Continuous beeps in bitter sweet symphony;
Words, playing me déjà vu
Like a radio tune I swear I've heard before;
Miss my darkness, immaculate dreams,
And the empty space beneath.
Where is the silence, where is my remorse.

Tired of being a social animal,
Bored at my comp in the imaginative presence of others,
Friends with everyone, Forgetting how to be friends with anyone.
Peace of my mind that’s in bits and pieces.
My attention span finally ceases.


I want to lurk around my mental space that ain’t social ,
Frisk a mobile that doesn’t create my celebrity,
Write on a lappie that doesn’t connect me.
Am substantial by myself ,
In the cocoon of my solitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment