Saturday, April 24, 2010

Are you missing the beat?

Are You missing the beat ?
Hey You ! What shall I say?Is it the mask on me or the world’s pretence for here to stay,
The world around me has turned up the heat.
Am I trying to jump the gun, or is someone missing the beat?
Precious illusions that shaped my dreams as a kid,
Bidding farewell to them is the hardest thing I ever did,
Parting with them is like parting with invisible best friends
Who kept you safe, who made you secretly smile
A reason to live and make the short step you take worthwhile
Are you missing the beat or am I just out of tune?
I spent so long looking outward
Living minutes trying to overcome the stoic squirm inside
Like a fossil that's trapped in a high cliff wall
Or a dead salmon frozen in a waterfall.
Are you missing the beat or am I just out of tune?
But Now,
Let me be myself, let me live my way,
Breathe every moment on an open highway,
I want surreal to come true; how , I have no clue;
All I know is that I’ll sing a song of triumph, do a little jig in the rain,
To bring upon a smile and wash away the pain.
The journey is worth it and so you are You
Dance to the music of life and then bid adieu!

No comments:

Post a Comment